In this episode we are still without Rico, but he will be back for episode 42. So Rich and Jon invited another podcaster, Kevin McKinney from the Throttled Podcast.
Reminder of our long ride contest. Send us your planned destinations of what you consider a long ride to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our feedback page. We'll also draw two names from the responses and send you a Loud Pipes t-shirt. Submission deadline is May 1, 2016.
A big thanks to our second Patreon supporter who recently joined us for the monthly Patreon production meeting and we had a blast! Don't miss out on the next one, check out our Patreon page for details. There are also three more "first five" t-shirts remaining at a special $5/month level as of this episode.
Indian Project Scout - Indian has announced the winners
- Winner: BOARDTRACKER Motos Illimitees (translates to Bikes Unlimited)
- Fan Favorite: Fusion! - also LoudPipes! pick from our friends at Indian Motorcycle of Charlotte
- Builders Choice: OL' 71 - Heritage Indian Motorcycles of Northwest Arkansas
- Rich attended a Harley-Davidson demo day and gave us a quick review of the following bikes:
- CVO Street Glide
- Road Glide Special
- CVO Pro Street Breakout
- Rich took video and plans to give more details on the bikes, so keep an eye out on RDub Studios YouTube channel
- Kevin rented an Indian Chieftain while in Las Vegas. Overall bike was good, but was a little uncomfortable due to his height, placement of the floor broads, and handlebars
- Rich has completed and released the video from EasyRiders 2016 Bike Show Tour in Charlotte, NC. If you are a Patreon supporter, then you've had access to this video for the past two weeks. :)
- New Technology - the guys talk about helmets that offer riders either communications, cameras, and even HUD
- Skully helmet offers 180 degrees, turn by turn for navigation, music, etc. Cost for this helmet is $1500
- BMW has HUD and it will integrate with a BMW motorcycle
- Samsung has came up with a smart windshield. Our guest Kevin from the throttled podcast recently covered this topic, check it out for more detail
- Cranium Helmets currently only a prototype and similar to the Skully helmet. Differs in that is had dual projectors and 210 degree camera coverage
- Bell has developed a helmet with a 360 degree camera
- Sena - Smart Helmet
- Rich finally install Sena 20s on his helmet and tested it out. Over all Rich says its working ok, but still needs adjustments
- Rich would like to get the Sena Bluetooth pack for the GoPro.
Upcoming events that one or more Loud Pipes! members plan on attending:
- Charlotte AutoFair (April 7th-10th, 2016)
- Moto Vlogging Meetup - May 20th-22nd.
- 12th Annual Barber Vintage Festival (October 7th-9th, 2016)
Visit RDubStudios.com/donate if you would like to support and help us improve the show or better yet visit our Patreon page where your contribution will help us achieve our goals and there are rewards for you at different pledge levels.
Running time: 1 hour 31 minutes
Questions or comments: email@example.com or the Feedback pageSupport Loud Pipes!