In this latest installment of the Loud Pipes! show, the boys are joined once again by The Fashionista who has an Iron Butt. We get a first hand report from Deb Gasque about her first attendance at the AIMExpo 2016.
For the past four years, held at the Orange County Convention center in Orlando, FL and Deb called it Disney World for the motorcycle community.
- Entry level bike from Benelli the 302R. Pricing is set at $4,400 and has a Moto Guzzi feel to the look
- Yamaha YZF-R6 retails for $12,200 and will be available March 2017. The new model will have 6 mode traction control, ABS, aluminum tank, and a magnesium sub-frame.
- BMW RnineT - Micah one of the Riders for LoudPipes wanted to get Deb's input on this bike.
- Yamaha SCR950 - Add another bike to add the current scrambler craze
- Suzuki GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R - All new for 2017 and they have huge cans!
- Suzuki GSX-R750 - had issues getting approval in all states, but is now 50 state approved
- Suzuki V-Strom 650 and 1000 updates
- Favorite bike at the show - Deb liked the looks and would like to ride the R6. The BMW give away S1000XR Pikes Peak bike (below) - upgraded body work done by Twisted Throttle
- Klim - now releasing helmets for off-road, dual sport, modular, and street. Deb is testing one now and will report back.
- BMW K1600 Bagger - Was not seen by Deb at the AIMExpo, but we will get a ride on this bike for sure.
- Electric bike world - did not see a large showing of electric bikes. Speaks to our thoughts that this is a long way off from becoming more main stream. Still waiting for LiveWire Harley!
- Changing location - 2017 its going to be in Columbus, OH and 2018 it will be in Las Vegas, NV. Deb is excited about the changes as this allows for more people to attend event. Also the state of Ohio is pro-motorcycle with several other things to do and see. The September date should also help with people that want to ride to the event.
- We talk with Deb about her experience attending Barber this year, her second time at the event
- She recommends that we should camp next year to broaden the experience
Help keep the show AD free and receive rewards for your contribution by visiting loudpipes.net/donate. Patreon is our focus and is an ongoing support model. There is also a link for one time donations and support of any size is greatly appreciated.
Running time: 1 hour 16 minutes
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Feedback pageSupport Loud Pipes!