This episode we have a guest co-host to review the Android version of the Eat Sleep Ride App, motorcycle project, riding experience, moto blogging, and some EICMA News.
Rico is out of the country so we have now taken the show international.
Rich and Rico chat about only being able to ride local due to rainy weather in NC, which bring us to how prep your bike for the winter. Rich finds that he let the inspection and registration run out while prepping the KLR.
- Matthew was part of the Android beta testing. Many thanks again to Alex Crookes for getting Matthew into the beta.
- Matthew has enjoyed the Eat Sleep Ride app and all the features it has to offer. But would like to see a quick start/stop option that would save him from having to take off his gloves.
Matthew's Motorcycle Project 1983 Honda V65 Magna:
- Bike was listed on Craiglist as 1986, but is really a 1983 and bike has been sitting for a long time and needed some TLC before getting back on the road.
- Had to rebuild/clean the 4 carbs and get them re-linked.
- Due to sitting around rust has set into gas tanks and both needed to be cleaned out.
- Brake calipers pistons would not compress and rubbers around calipers needs some work.
Check out other photos/videos from Matthew V65 Magna project:
- The aux tank out (and rear tire)
- Flooded engine
- What was coming out of the fuel tanks
- Cleaned carbs
- Valve1 - Value 2 - Value 3 - Value 4
- Side by Side with the Intruder today
- Back of bike stripped down
- The bike revving
Matthew rides 50+ miles into work on his current 1987 Suzuki Intruder 700 VS and shares his riding experience about the commute:
- Only has been riding since May 2015 and has put 4,000 miles on bike so far.
- He didn't take the riders course wish he did and recommend that new riders take the course.
- Since Matthews commute takes an hour+, he does moto blogging to make the trip feel shorter. You can find his videos on youtube or search for ophbalance.
- Harley Davidson top marketing officer leaving company
- EICMA has started (November 16th) and we plan to review all the new from EICMA on our next episode. But looking at what has already been released, we have a quick chat about the Moto Guzzi MGX-21 Flying Fortress.
Upcoming events that one or more LoudPipes! members plan on attending:
- Charlotte Auto Show (November 19th-22nd, 2015)
- Easyriders Charlotte, NC Bike Show Tour (January 23, 2016)
- Charlotte AutoFair (April 7th-10th, 2016)
- 12th Annual Barber Vintage Festival (October 7th-9th, 2016)
Visit RDubStudios.com/donate if you would like to support the show. The donations are just recommendations you can give more or less to us improve the show. During the process, sign up for our newsletter for details on improvements and future plans.
Running time: 1 hour 21 minutes
Questions or comments: email@example.com
Support Loud Pipes!