Our guest this week is Charlie Hearne from Motorcycles of Charlotte and we talk with him about motorcycles from Ducati, BMW, Zero, Triumph, and events.
Rico is finally recording from his home studio after traveling and is enjoying some Kentucky Bourbon Ale he brought back from his travels.
Unfortunately Jon was unable to join this week due to family issues.
Rich has the KLR road legal again after an inspection and a little extra donation to the state for being late.
Conversation with Charlie Hearne from Motorcycles of Charlotte:
- Charlie currently rides a BMW R1200 GS
- Ducati xDiavel. Should be showing up at the dealership around March of 2016
- Has three modes (Full, Sport, and Rain)
- Belt drive: a nod to cruiser style and is quieter than chain with less maintenance
- 1262cc engine that puts out 156hp and 95 lb-ft of torque with a weight of 485 lb dry and 545 lb wet
- A 40 degree lean angle is unique for cruisers for sure
- Nationwide tour - Motorcycles of Charlotte is the only North Carolina location to see the XDiavel.
- Check out Motorcycles of Charlotte Facebook page for details on upcoming demo ride and events.
- Ducati Scrambler
- Six different models - Charlie likes Urban Enduro
- Three different colors
- Ducati might be releasing a 7th model, but no news on it as of this recording
- Top seller in US. and dealership sold 35 this past year
- Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
- 160 hp and 136 Nm of torque
- Charlie and Rich really likes this bike.
- Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak
- Ducati selling bike from that was built from the win at Pike Peak race
- Dealership had Adventure day that had over 150 people attend to ride a 22 mile route
- Zero Motorcycles
- Limited maintenance on the bikes, mainly belt drive replacement. No oil to change, spark plugs, valve adjustments, etc.
- 3 modes Sport, Eco, and Custom. Custom allow you to connect with Zero app via iPhone or Android to make custom profile.
- Zero S - 197 mile range, 54 hp and 68 ft-lb
- Zero SR - 100 mile range, 67 hp and 106 ft-lb
- Zero DS - 179 mile range, 54 hp and 68 ft-lb
- Zero DSR (New for 2016) - 140 mile range, 54 hp and 68 ft-lb. 98 mph top speed
- Zero FX - 41 mile range, 44hp and 70 ft-lb. Bike is designed for off-road riding. Weights less than 300 lbs
- Zero FXS (New for 2016)- 90 mile range 44 hp and 70ft-lb Bike is designed for off-road riding. Able to do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.
- BMW Motorcycles
- Charlie was a sport bike rider, took a BMW R1200RT bike for ride and fell in love
- Concept 101 - K1600 motor - 160 hp 6 cylinder engine
- Triumph Motorcycles
- Explorer - 8 different models
- Switchable ABS and Triumph Traction Control
- 1200 are shaft drive, 800 are chain drive
- Will have Triumph modern classic event January 15th, check the Facebook page for details.
We will be moving show back to bi-weekly release schedule. Weekly will begin as part of the goals for our Patreon Campaign
Upcoming events that one or more LoudPipes! members plan on attending:
- Easyriders Charlotte, NC Bike Show Tour (January 23, 2016)
- Charlotte AutoFair (April 7th-10th, 2016)
- 12th Annual Barber Vintage Festival (October 7th-9th, 2016)
Visit RDubStudios.com/donate if you would like to support and help us improve the show or better yet visit our Patreon page where your contribution will help us achieve our goals and there are rewards for you for different pledge levels.
Running time: 1 hour 26 minutes
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org