Tonight the guys talk about how they go about planning out a long road trip or not. Rico was able to stop by for a Ducati demo ride and gives us his take on the Multrstrada Enduro and the XDiavel.
What the guys sipped on during the show:
- Rich - Skull Splitter (The Orkney Brewery)
- Rico - Jefferson Stout Sweet Potato (Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company)
- Jon - Hard Ginger Ale (Coney Island Brewing)
Long Trip Planning:
- The guys sat down and used the Furkot site and planned out a 9 day ride.
- Ride covered ~2100 miles, average ~260 miles per day, and ~7 hours in the seat.
- The trip avoids highways thanks to Furkot option.
- Rich has nickedname the trip - Loud Pipes Automotive Tour due to stops planned out. The following are places planned to stop and see on trip:
- The route needs more details, but overall this is good starting point to build on.
Rico was able to get a little time in to stop by Ducati demo and get to take a couple of bikes for a little spin. Rico thoughts.....
- Really enjoys bike, and now gets the idea of adventure bikes
- This one adds to the stable to bring the total to four
- Comfortable ride, could use a backrest
- 40 minutes including traffic and some nice back roads
- Tried touring and sport modes
- Main negative was a lot of shifting to find the power band. Felt like engine ran out of breath too soon
- Loves the look of the bike!
- FAST Bike
- Stop light comment about how nice the bike looks
- Took bike on same roads with the Multristrada Enduro
- Felt like the bike could do wheelies in 1st or 2nd gear with no problems
- Had the bike in sport mode the entire demo ride
- Just like the Multistrade, felt like the engine ran out of breath
- Rico is still smiles thinking about the XDiavel
Upcoming events that one or more Loud Pipes! members plan on attending:
- Ducati XDiavel demo Ride in June or July
- Moto Vlogging Meetup - May 20th-22nd.
- 12th Annual Barber Vintage Festival (October 7th-9th, 2016)
If you enjoy the show, want to keep it AD free, and receive generous rewards for your contribution, check out our donate page loudpipes.net/donate. Patreon is our focus and is an ongoing support model. There is also a link for one time donations and support of any size is greatly appreciated.
Running time: 1 hour 16 minutesSupport Loud Pipes!